OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP CATHOLIC SCHOOL FRIDAY FANFARE
SUMMER BREAK, 2013--NUMBER ONE www.myolph.com
SCHOOL OFFICE HOURS FOR SUMMER, 2013
JUNE: Open every Wednesday from 9:00 to 2:00
JULY 1 - 14: CLOSED
JULY 17 AND JULY 24: Open from 9:00 to 2:00
JULY 29 - AUGUST 2: Open Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 3:00
STUDENT NEWS: Student Recognition, Honor Roll, Summer Camps,
Summer Reading/Supply Lists
· Student Recognition--Will Bordash (rising 8th grader at OLPH) recently attended the Regional Hershey Track and Field meet. He won the 8010 meter run with a time of 2:27. He also won the mile with a time of 5:27. Good job!!
· Honor Roll--Congratulations to the following students for making the Honor Roll the fourth nine weeks of school:
o 5th Grade Principal's List--Dilon Farmer, Bernard Lisy, Helen Mills, Anna Qualey, Jason Oliver, and Rachel-Anne Scalla
o 5th Grade First Honors--Saylor Brown, Sloane Burgess, Tyler Corscadden, Catherine Figueroa, Jane Anne Haywood, Valentina Rosellini, Kathleen Hillman, Alexa Kruszewski, and Bradley Summitt
o 5th Grade Second Honors--Cole LeSar, Annette Lopez, Brenna Scott, Ryan Signiski, Emily Yemm, and Cara Smith
o 5th Grade Honorable Mention--Mirelly Acosta, Gavin Crane, Sandra Flores, Michael Howard, Isabella Lewis, Will Marsh, Pierce Mitchell, Donovan Welborn, and Keagan Creel
o 6th Grade Principal's List--Greta Lundquist, Ivy Nguyen, Gretchen Eckler, and Connor Riley
o 6th Grade First Honors--Hannah Ingle, Julia Raabe, Bethany Bolus, Kimmie Nguyen
o 6th Grade Second Honors--Curtis Dearing, Grace Hatala, Hagan Menham, Holli Covey
o 6th Grade Honorable Mention--Nathalie Lopez, Emily McPeak, Mackenzie Ramey, Megan Bordash, James Schumacher, Brendan Yemm
o 7th Grade Principal's List--Adams Robinson, Kyla Mitchell, Renee Hutton, Emily Roach, and Mackenzie Tapley
o 7th Grade First Honors--Luke Eckler, Jessica Bird
o 7th Grade Second Honors--Savannah Tucker, Bentley Burgess, Liz Labbe, Kersten Hicks, Grant Speer, Nolan Corbitt, Fatima Huergo-Trevino, and A.J. Carreon
o 7th Grade Honorable Mention--Evan Tapley, Will Bordash, Lauren Teal, Sam Stovall
o 8th Grade Principal's List--Kelsey Barta, Margaret Coles, Meghan Greene, Andrew Lisy, Ema San Miguel, James West, Lauren Collins, Lilly Allbright
o 8th Grade First Honors--Louis deBenoist, Sawyer Champlin
o 8th Grade Second Honors--Madison Kosky, Macy Dearing, Kaia Barter-Kloss, Logan McCallie, Madison Ramey, and Tayler Wightman
o 8th Grade Honorable Mention--Shaelyn Corte, Keely Kutil, Moranda Pierce, Gabby Gearinger, Anna Kwak
· Summer Camps--OLPH School is offering several summer camps involving math/geometry/algebra, crafts, college application prep., music theatre, and football. Sign-up information is on ParentsWeb.
· Summer Reading/Supply Lists--The summer reading lists and school supply lists will soon be posted on our website, www.myolph.com under the heading "Summer 2013."
SCHOOL NEWS: Field Day, Calendar Change, CAG/St. Cecilia's Closet, Ram Run
· Field Day--A special "Thank you" to all of the volunteers who helped with Field Day, and a big "Thank you" to the Knights of Columbus for their help with the cookout.
· Calendar Change--Please note this very important change to next school year's calendar:
o New date: Monday, April 21--Bishop's Day -- (originally scheduled for Feb. 18).
o An updated calendar is at the end of this Fanfare
· CAG/St. Cecilia's Closet--The St. Cecilia's Closet Summer Uniform Sale will be held in the main school building Saturday, June 22 after the 5:30 P.M. Mass, and Sunday, June 23 after the 10:00 A.M. and Noon Masses.
· Ram Run--SAVE THE DATE! This year's Ram Run will be Saturday, October 19, the opening day of the Chattanooga Market's Oktoberfest celebration. If you are interested in helping out with one of OLPH School's largest fundraisers (think PIP hours!) please contact Dawn McAbee at email@example.com or 423-463-1780.
SPORTS NEWS: Coaches Needed, OLPH Football Camp, Volleyball Camp
· Coaches needed--We are planning ahead for next school year and need coaches for the following sports:
o 5th Grade Girls Basketball
o JV Boys Basketball
o Baseball (6th-8th)
o Softball (6th-8th)
o If you are interested in coaching any of these sports please contact Coach Todd Close at firstname.lastname@example.org .An early student sign-up for the 2013-2014 school year of athletics will take place during registration in August. This will help identify the level of interest in each sport. The final registrations will take place before each sport begins its season.
· OLPH Football Camp--The OLPH Football Skills Clinic and Camp is set for June 10-14, 9:00 A.M. until Noon. Camp cost is $75 and includes camp T-shirt and daily snack. The Clinic will provide top flight football instruction with an emphasis on fundamentals. The camp is open to all rising 2nd - 8th graders. Registration forms can be returned to the school office. Contact Coach Bill Dearing at 423-238-2000.
· Volleyball Camp--MTSU is holding a volleyball camp at Notre Dame High School for middle school (6th-8th) and high school JV players. Registration deadline is Friday, June 14! The camp will be held July 18-20. For more information please contact NDHS VB Coach at 423-292-9198 or email@example.com .
OLPH CATHOLIC SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR
Updated May 17, 2013
- Monday, August 5 – In-service day for faculty and staff
- Tuesday, August 6 – Registration Day / In-service for faculty and staff
- Wednesday, August 7 – In-service day for faculty and staff
- Thursday, August 8 - First day of school for students (full day)
- Monday, September 2 – School closed for Labor Day
- Friday, September 13 – Diocesan Celebration - dismissal at 11:30 for students and staff
- Friday, October 11 – Diocesan In-service –no school for students
- Monday, October 21 through Friday, October 25 – School closed for Fall Break
- Friday, November 15 – Catechetical In-service - no school for students
- Wednesday, November 27 through Friday, November 29 - School closed for Thanksgiving Break
- December, Friday 20 - Dismissal at 11:30 - begin Christmas Break
- Monday, January 6, 2014 - In-service day for faculty and staff
- Tuesday, January 7 – In-service for faculty and staff
- Wednesday, January 8 – Students return to school (full day)
- Monday, January 20 – School closed for MLK Day
- Monday, February 17 – School closed for President’s Day
- Friday, March 14 – Catechetical In-service - no school for students
- Monday, April 14 through Friday, April 18 –School closed for Easter Break (this is the week before Easter Sunday)
- Monday, April 21 -- School closed for Bishop's Day
- Friday, May 23 – Last day of school for students – dismissal at 11:30
- Monday, May 26 - School closed for Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 27 – In-service day for all faculty and staff
- Wednesday, May 28 – In-service day for all faculty and staff